Expediting Candidate Selection with Assessments
Q&A Session with Kilgore’s Medical Pharmacy
Applicant tracking systems that are integrated with job board have significantly increased companies’ job exposure and applicant flow. While this is a good thing, it does present new challenges such as: how to efficiently and effectively sort through all those candidates!
Corvirtus has partnered with ATS OnDemand (ATSOD) – a user and budget friendly applicant tracking system that optimizes hiring processes around the world. ATSOD’s module based system includes features like Onboarding, CRM, Talent Network, and text messaging. Since its foundation around 15 years ago, ATSOD has streamlined thousands of unique hiring processes from job posting to employee onboarding.
With ATSOD’s platform, all jobs can be posted instantly – and for free – to Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Glassdoor and other job boards, increasing exposure and applications submitted to open positions. While the platform contains pre-screening and knock out questions which automatically filter out non-qualified candidates, ATSOD strives to dig deeper to achieve a quality over quantity approach to job applicants.
For this reason, ATSOD has partnered with best-in-class assessment provider, Corvirtus. The integration allows clients to quickly perform a deeper screen on candidates for the qualities needed to succeed in the job.
Kilgore's Medical Pharmacy Q&A Session
Corvirtus and ATSOD’s first mutual customer to benefit from the partnership is Kilgore’s Medical Pharmacy. The Missouri-based company focuses on customer service, and accurate and quick order-fulfillment, while making health care as affordable as possible.
Check out our Q&A session with Jason Magill, Human Resources Manager for Kilgore’s Medical Pharmacy:
Why were you looking to add assessments to your hiring process?
We are a retail pharmacy, which means we compete with general retailers more than health care providers. When it comes to candidates, that means it’s also fairly easy to meet our entry requirements (e.g. customer service experience), so it’s not uncommon to get hundreds of applications for each open position. The discussion began with a desire to save our hiring managers time and frustration during the recruitment process. We decided to look at assessments to add a more objective data source to help automatically sort through all of the applications we receive and bring those great candidates to the top of consideration.
Prior to having assessments, how were managers/recruiters screening candidates? Were they reviewing every application?
The initial screening was limited to reviewing applications and resumes one by one and solely relied on the hiring manager’s interpretation of the information provided. Our hiring managers were not able to keep up and typically only reviewed around 50-75% of total candidates, which means we were likely losing out on some great candidates solely due to logistical issues.
After adding assessments, how much time would you estimate is saved in filling a position?
For most of our hiring managers, it has reduced the time spent to hire by about a third.
What have been the benefits of adding assessments?
- The additional resources seem to give our managers more confidence in navigating the hiring process. I’ve noticed less stress and anxiety when a position is opened.
- The assessments provide the hiring manager with early insights into the candidate, which improves the quality of the interview. The manager has access to probing questions based on the assessment, which allows them to dig deeper past the more typical “canned” responses we get from candidates.
- It’s now become common to have a handful of good candidates, which can make it difficult to make a final decision. The assessments are an outside and objective viewpoint that can help one candidate pull away from the others.
- After hire, the manager then also has a general roadmap for how to best address development opportunities with the employee. That roadmap then helps with the onboarding process, which I feel contributes to our steady decline in early turnover.
- For compliance purposes, it’s beneficial to use a third party tool which rates a candidate. That rating gives us a simple way to document that a candidate was not a good fit, rather than solely relying on manager notes.
Why do your managers love the assessment integration with ATSOD?
- From a candidate perspective, there is a seamless transition between the application and assessment, making it easy for them to complete.
- Managers do not have to log into a separate system to administer assessments or view results – everything can be accessed within ATS OnDemand.
An Offer You Can't Refuse
Much like Kilgore’s Medical Pharmacy, clients from all industries will benefit from this new integration. New to ATS OnDemand and Corvirtus? Get 50% off your implementation and set-up fee when you bundle the solutions! Curious to learn more? We would love to connect!